YP Kayak Trip
June 8, 2013
9:00am – 1:00pm
Hey everyone, Ryan here!
I’ve set up a kayak trip for June 8th on the scenic Clinton River near Utica/Rochester Hills. This river will have a nice mix of fast moving sections with tight turns to navigate, as well as some lazy river sections so you can kick back and relax/talk with friends.
Ticket price includes one single-person kayak, paddle, and life jacket. Member tickets are $25, and guests pay the full price of $45. Since we have limited boats available, only one guest is allowed per member. The rental outfitter only has 40 kayaks available, so buy your tickets quickly! But don’t worry, if this one sells out, then we’ll do another one of these events later this summer!
If you went on last year’s kayak trip (which had some issues), this one will be completely different. This time, we are renting from Clinton River Kayak / Outdoor Escorts, who have assured me that things will run smoothly the morning of the event!
- Park your vehicles at Heritage Park in Utica (map link above).
- Shuttles will drive us up to Yates Park.
- Trip is estimated at 3 hours downstream (if you paddle slowly).
- We can pull out at River Bends Park (about halfway) and eat lunch. Please bring your own food! (However, I will see if I can bring some hot dogs / brats to grill at the park).
- Feel free to take off as soon as you get back to Heritage Park.
Feel free to email me with any questions.
Hope to see you there!